According to the Trevor Project, a national non-profit group for the prevention of suicide of gay and lesbian teenagers:
- In America, more than 32,000 people die by suicide each year (2005 Centers for Disease Control and Prevention).
- Suicide is one of the top three causes of death among 15 to 24-year-olds; only accidents and homicide occur more frequently (2006 National Adolescent Health Information).
- Suicide is the second leading cause of death among college campuses (2008 Centers for Disease Control and Prevention).
- For every completed suicide by a young person, it is estimated that 100 to 200 attempts are made (2003 Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance Survey).
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning youth are up to four times more likely to attempt suicide than their heterosexual peers (Massachusetts 2006 Youth Risk Survey).
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning youth who come from a rejecting family are up to nine times more likely to attempt suicide than their heterosexual peers (2007 San Francisco State University Chavez Center Institute).
Interesting, no? Have you ever wondered why these numbers are so high? I’m glad you asked! It’s because of religious wackos like “Prophetess” McKinney from Manifested Glory Ministries and her alleged exorcising of a “homosexual demon” from a teenage boy within her congregation.
If you’ve managed to avoid projectile vomiting – let’s remember: She calls herself a “prophetess” because she thinks God loves her in that “special way”. They can call her a “prophetess” but it certainly isn’t what I would call her.
Now– let’s be honest about a few things here.
- Do you think that boy will come out of that meeting hoping to make out with a cute girl in his church anytime soon?
- What about the other teenagers in that congregation who might be gay or lesbian who are watching this? What do you think is going on inside their heads?
- Check out the adults – hovering around him. Pinning him down…so they can “cast out this alleged homosexual demon”. Why doesn’t anybody have any pity for the boy? The adults just stand there, thinking stupid thoughts about whatever their “Prophetess” told them to believe…. “La la la laaa… I’m a dumbass watching a kid being tortured on the floor and somebody’s holding him down… la la la laaaaaaaaaa….”
- Does anybody think, after watching that video, that it’s really “Prophetess McKinney” that has a few demons of her own that need to be exorcised? Better asked: Is she a prophetess or is she simply a fraud? When I see her yellin’ and screaming all that nonsense, I’m reminded of the characters in Mark Twain’s book Huckleberry Finn: The Duke and the King. Neither of them are good for anything except making everybody believe they’re special and should be respected. This “prophetess” is no different: She good for nothing – but has convinced a handful of dumbbells that there are “homosexual demons” and teenagers are gullibul enough to have contracted one.
- Lastly; how many teenage girls are going to be interested in dating this young man after all is said and done? How many girls his age are going to be interested in holding his hand, going to the prom…hanging out with him? Everybody already knows that the boy is gay…Why would she waste her time with him to “make sure he really is straight”?! The “Prophetess” here has put this teen-boy into a permanent Catch-22 for the rest of his life!
This kid has two options: Leave this church and get a grip that he’s gay and that’s all there is to it or…Llive with the horror that God hates him and everybody in that church will look at him as if he’s a freak for the rest of his life.
Filed under: Uncategorized | Tagged: GLBT, GLBT Teen Suicide, homophobia, homosexual demons, Manifested Glory Ministries, Prophetess Patricia McKinny (Wacked-Out Bullshit Whore), religious cults, religious intolerance, religiously insane, religous wackos, Trevor Project |